Monday, March 5, 2018

"The Girls". A New Pattern

It's been months since I've published a new pattern, but my house is quiet - too quiet, and I have more time than I ever wanted. I plan to fill much of that time with sewing. This week I finished working with the hens.  The bright colors and busy hens with button eyes make me smile every time I look at them.

"The Girls", Table Runner 11" x 29"
https://www.craftsy.com/quilting/patterns/the-girls-table-runner/570622
The baby chicks are fun, too. I hand embroidered their beaks and  legs.



I only used three hens in the table runner, but a templates for a fourth hen are included in the pattern.  I used that hen and one extra to make 9" blocks. I haven't decided what to do with them yet. They could go into a lap quilt. That might be fun. 



I can think of so many other ways to use the chickens. These two would be fun on a pillow. I reversed the templates for the chicken on the left for this project.


Or, all four could fit together on a wall hanging. As you can see, I played around quite a bit before settling on the table runner.


It's time to start thinking about a new idea to work on. A mug rug? A square table topper? A lap quilt? Something pieced?

It will officially be spring in less than three weeks! I am so looking forward to sunny skies, mild temperatures, and flowers in bloom.

Wishing you a wonderful week!

6 comments:

  1. Just adorable Karen! So lifelike! I downloaded the pattern and have lots of ideas to make their colors a bit more like ours (:)). Thanks and good for you for staying busy. All the best, Linda B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I'd love to see photos of what you do with the hens.

      Delete
  2. Just adorable! All your designs are. I had so much fun with the kitties in the sewing room pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sewing should be fun. You've made my day, Patti.

      Delete
  3. So sorry for your loss. I sure can relate. I went thru a similar situation when I lost the love of my life. I found you in Pinterest and I love your work. Do you have a book I can purchase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry that you also had to suffer the loss of one you loved so dearly. It leaves an empty space that will never be filled. No, I've never written a book. I wish I had time for writing, but my little patterns keeps me more than busy enough.

      Delete